Employee access and monitoring - Setting up Employee check-in
This article explains how the Employee check-in feature can be activated and used to grant access to employees while monitoring onsite presence in real-time. For additional details you can watch the video below:
- The most recent version of Proxyclick Visitor Management on App Store for iPad
- Admin access to the Proxyclick location
Step 1: Activate Employee check-in
☝ Activating this feature has an immediate impact on your kiosk: a QR code will be displayed on the Welcome screen. All employees registered at the location will be able to scan it as soon as they set up their Proxyclick Proovr accounts (Step 2).
Go to Settings > Employee > Check-in, and click on the Employee check-in toggle to activate it.
Tip 💡 To empower your employees to book their presence in advance, you can activate Employee booking, see additional details here. Only available for Enterprise (Grandfathered), multi-tenant, and Security + subscriptions.
Step 2: Onboard select employees and contractors
☝ A controlled rollout: Activating the feature does not automatically notify Employees in the location. You can notify the users you would like to involve as early adopters with the templates here.
Anyone listed in the Employees tab of your platform is eligible users of Employee check-in.
The email should include links to download the app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
Step 3: Download Proxyclick Proovr and configure their account
Once the employee has completed the app download, they will be taken through the process of setting up their account:
- Enter corporate email address (the one associated with the location)
- A verification code will be sent via email, as an additional layer of security, to enable the employee to connect their app to your account
- Enter the verification code into the Proxyclick Proovr app, to confirm their identity.
- Proxyclick Proovr setup is complete. The employee is confirmed and can now check-in at your location.
Step 4: Capture employee check-ins
Using the Proxyclick Proovr app, employees can scan the QR code displayed on the kiosk to check-in.
The QR code is refreshed every 30 seconds to ensure the timing of anyone who checks in is accurately captured.
Step 5: Monitor employee presence
The brand new Employee Logbook will display the status of the employees. Once the employee has checked in to the location, the list will display their status.
The employee has successfully completed a booking for that calendar day.
The check-in and check-out experience is powered by the same QR code at the kiosk. The message shown to the employee when scanning confirms whether they checked in or checked out.
- Manual check-out: If the employee uses the QR code again at the kiosk within the same day of their check-in before midnight, that will be considered a check-out.
- Auto checkout: If an employee doesn't check out upon exiting, they will be automatically checked out at midnight. The employee's status will be displayed as checked-out until they scan their code at the kiosk again
When Employee booking is enabled, it is possible to create a questionnaire in combination with Smart Rules to deny the presence of an employee based on answers to your questionnaire.
Step 6: Benefit from a comprehensive Emergency List
Emergency Lists include both Visitors and Employees marked as checked in.
Step 7: Always be in the know with employee contact tracing
Administrators of the company can perform contact tracing from the User management tab by providing a name (subject) and a date range, Proxyclick will then provide a file with relevant information with name and contact details of other employees that may have been in contact with the subject.
- These features will only be available in English until further notice. A user's default language will not impact Proxyclick Proovr: it will always display English
- To ensure consistent performance, please ensure you adjust your time settings on your kiosk to "Automatic" - From your iPad, Settings > General > Date & Time > Set Automatically
- The QR code displayed on the kiosk does not need the Security+ pack enabled to be displayed
- All employees will be checked out at midnight, independent of your visitor auto check-out settings.
- Scanning the QR code with any app other than Proxyclick Proovr will send the person to a page where they can download the correct application.
Advanced questions around the employee check-in
- What if I have a touchless check-in activated on my Welcome screen?
If your location uses the Touchless check-in feature, the Employee check-in QR code will be displayed on the left, and the QR code scanning camera on the right:
- How does it work for multi-tenant buildings?
Our employee flow also supports multi-tenant environments.
An employee using Proovr can check in and out of his location by scanning the multi-tenant Kiosk's dynamic QR code:
- If the employee is listed in a single location linked to the multi-tenant Kiosk, his status is updated in that location
- If the employee is listed in multiple locations linked to the multi-tenant Kiosk and one of these locations is his home location, his status is updated in his home location
- If the employee is listed in multiple locations linked to the multi-tenant Kiosk and none of these locations is his home location, his status is not updated in any location and a message is displayed to the employee notifying him of this
If you have any questions or feedback, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message on the live chat!