Introduction to Custom fields
Your Proxyclick account comes with some default fields for your convenience. These include visitor first and last name, email, company, mobile number, and more.
Depending on your subscription you can add up to 10 additional custom fields, including:
1. Free text: This provides a blank field that can be filled in with letters or numbers.
2. Multiple choice: You can list different custom options.
3. Yes/No: For simple visitor or host questions.
Additionally, custom fields can be mandatory or optional, can be saved in the visitor profile to facilitate future visits and can be easily activated and deactivated without losing your historical data.
Setting up your own custom fields
Logbook Custom fields
These are visible to your company users only. You can find them in Settings > Logbook > New custom field:
Editing Custom fields in your account Settings
Custom fields are managed in 3 locations:
- Custom Screens
When creating a Custom field in this location, it's possible to have a field name separate from the question formulation in the registration flow.
The name of the field will be displayed on the Dashboard, while the registration question will be displayed on the registration flow on the kiosk using your default language.
3. Texts & translations
Here is an overview of how each of the above interact.
- Adding a custom field in the Logbook makes this field appear in the Custom Screens manager
- When you add this specific custom field in the Check-in flow, or when you create a question, the custom field will appear in the Text & Translations
- Editing the name of the Field in the Custom Screens Manager should edit the field in the Texts & translations and the Custom field in the Logbook
- However, the contrary isn't true: editing a custom field in Texts & Translations isn't reflected in the Custom Screens Manager or Custom Fields in the Logbook. Why? The translation will only apply to the specific language which you are providing the translation for.
You can find more information on how to use these fields here.
If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com .