This feature allows you to enforce a fast and compliant check-in: your visitors sign the agreement in advance (on their mobile or desktop), allowing for a fast check-in (and a less busy reception) on the day of the visit.
In order to enable this feature, please make sure that:
- You have our Security+ pack or our Enteprise (Gradfathered) subscription plan
- You are an Administrator for the account
- There is one (and only one) agreement defined in the Settings > Configure kiosk > Agreement (NDA ...) and it is active
- There is a validity period for the agreement. The agreement must remain valid between the moment of signature and the actual check-in
How to activate this feature
You can activate the feature in Settings > Remote Registration as shown below:
Ensure that you customize your notifications and Remote Registration flow before you enable Remote Registration, find out more details here.
Notifications and your agreement will not be sent until you enable the Remote Registration toggle
How to ask a visitor to sign the agreement in advance
There are two main ways:
- When creating a visit (useful for hosts)
- From the logbook (useful for receptionists)
When creating a visit
When creating a visit, hosts just need to tick a box (see below). This will send an automatic email to the visitor asking him to sign the agreement in advance.
This email is sent in addition to the invitation email (vs. being merged into the invitation). True, this means the visitor can receive 2 emails. But it also has two important advantages:
- A very clear call-to-action (“Please prepare your visit”), leading to a high percentage of visitors signing the Agreement
- The ability to resend the email if needed (without re sending the whole invitation)
Email requests to sign the agreement in advance can also be sent to every visitor of a group visit.
When creating a recurring visit, the visitor will only receive one email. The agreement will stay valid for the duration of the agreement validity period. In case the agreement expires before the end of the recurring visit, you can send a new email request from the Logbook (see below).
From the Logbook
It is also possible to send the email request to sign the agreement in advance from the Logbook after the visit has been created. The easiest way to check the agreement status of a visit and to send a new email request is to use the “Agreement” column in your Logbook (see below).
It is also possible to select multiple visits and send email requests in bulk (see below). This allows busy receptionists to better manage visitor flows ahead of time. When they see many visitors have not signed their agreement yet (e.g. by looking at tomorrow’s logbook), all they need to do is to select these visitors and send them the request.
If an email request to sign the agreement in advance has already been sent, the Logbook will show a mention “Link sent”. If you need to re-send the link, just use the action drop-down menu as shown below.
Where can I see if a visitor signed the agreement in advance
As soon as the visitor signed the agreement, you will see it in the Logbook (see the mention “Signed” for visitor Edith Linwood in the example above).
If you need more info, all you need to do is to open the visit and go to the activity tab where you’ll see a detailed log (see below).
We understand that becoming compliant with GDPR is a process that gets exponentially more time-consuming if you work with multiple vendors and data processing systems.
We’d like to ease the burden as much we can, so we have prepared a host of content around GDPR from the point of view of visitor management:
You might be interested in
- We invite you to have a look at our simple guide to GDPR and visitor management, where we’ve also laid out our own GDPR roadmap
- In addition, there’s a webinar on GDPR and how it affects visitor management plus what you need to do to prepare. Watch the webinar replay now
- In partnership with Crowell & Moring, we’ve published a white paper, “Checking into data privacy,” to help you achieve a GDPR-compliance front desk
If you have any questions or feedback, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message on the live chat.