The Touchless Check-in feature allows visitors to check-in and out of a building without touching the kiosk.
Visitors scan their QR code on the welcome screen of a kiosk by simply holding it up to the camera. No touching required.
How to enable or disable the Touchless Check-in feature
Settings → Visits settings → Configure kiosk → Welcome screen
Note: Adjusting the toggle will add or remove the QR reader from the welcome screen for all kiosks connected to a location. Changes are reflected immediately and no restart is required.
5 things you need to know about the QR reader
1. The QR reader uses the kiosk's front-facing camera. This lets visitors easily position their QR code towards the reader.
2. The QR reader can be used both for checking in and checking out.
3. Checking out: the visitor will see a confirmation message on the welcome screen which disappears after a few seconds.
4. When a QR code is not recognized, first an error message is shown and then the screen returns to a normal state.
5. It is still possible to check-in/out by touching the kiosk, even if the Touchless Check-in feature is enabled.
Is Touchless Check-in available on multi-tenant kiosks?
When enabled, the welcome screen of the MT kiosk will display the QR reader next to the list of tenant logos. See below.
When a visitor scans the QR code on the multi-tenant screen, the kiosk will automatically switch to the relevant hosting tenant. The visitor no longer has to select a tenant when they have a QR code. The same applies for check-out.
Reminder: The Touchless Check-in feature needs to be enabled in the kiosk settings of the location that is connected to the MT kiosk.
Tip 💡 You can create an end-to-end touchless experience by using this feature in combination with others. Visit this arcticle for more information.
Touchless Check in is currently available as part of our Security + pack.