The Touchless Check-in feature allows visitors to check-in and out of a building without touching the kiosk.
Visitors scan their QR code on the welcome screen of a kiosk by simply holding it up to the camera. No touching required.
How to enable or disable the Touchless Check-in feature
Settings > Visits settings > Configure kiosk > Welcome screen
Note: Adjusting the toggle will add or remove the QR reader from the welcome screen for all kiosks connected to a location. Changes are reflected immediately and no restart is required.
5 things you need to know about the QR reader
1. The QR reader uses the kiosk's front-facing camera. This lets visitors easily position their QR code towards the reader
2. The QR reader can be used both for checking in and checking out
3. Checking out: the visitor will see a confirmation message on the welcome screen which disappears after a few seconds
4. When a QR code is not recognized, first an error message is shown and then the screen returns to a normal state
5. It is still possible to check-in/out by touching the kiosk, even if the Touchless Check-in feature is enabled
Is Touchless Check-in available on multi-tenant kiosks?
When enabled, the welcome screen of the multi-tenant kiosk will display the QR reader next to the list of tenant logos. See below:
When a visitor scans the QR code on the multi-tenant screen, the kiosk will automatically switch to the relevant hosting tenant. The visitor no longer has to select a tenant when they have a QR code. The same applies for check-out.
Reminder: The Touchless Check-in feature needs to be enabled in the kiosk settings of the location that is connected to the multi-tenant kiosk.
Tip 💡 You can create an end-to-end touchless experience by using this feature in combination with others. Visit this article for more information.
Touchless Check in is currently available as part of our Security+ pack.
If you have any questions or feedback, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message on the live chat.