What are Custom fields?
Your Proxyclick account comes with some default fields, including first and last name, email, company, mobile number, and more.
Depending on your subscription, you can add a certain number of Custom fields, including:
1. Free text: it will provide a blank field that can be filled in with letters or numbers.
2. Multiple choice: You can list different custom options
3. Yes/No: Specially designed for simple visitor or host questions
Custom fields can be:
- Mandatory or optional
- Saved in the visitor profile to facilitate future visits
- Easily activated and deactivated without losing your historical data
- Only shown to users belonging to the Reception and Admin user group
You can add 10 Custom fields as part of Proxyclick’s Prime pack.
- Only showing the custom fields to reception and admins is useful if the questions are to be answered by the visitor on the day of their visit. Let's imagine you are asking your visitors which transport they used to reach your building. Enabling this option ensures it is hidden from the host inviting that person, and avoids any confusion when creating a visit. It also gives the possibility to the reception team to create a visit on the go and fill the custom fields from the dashboard
- You can make the visitor check-in faster by skipping pre-filled custom fields
Step by step guide to set up your own Custom fields
Logbook Custom Fields
These are visible to your company users only. The 2 conditions for them to appear in the visit creation page are that this custom field is Active and displayed to
Step 1: Head over to Settings > Logbook
Step 2: Click on "New custom field" to create one
Editing Custom Fields in your account Settings
Custom Fields are managed in 3 locations:
- Custom Screens
3. Text & Translations
Here is an overview of how they interact:
- Adding a custom field in the Logbook makes this field available in the Custom Screens manager
- Only when you add this specific custom field in the Check-in flow, or when you create a question, will the custom field show in the Text & Translations
- Editing the title of a question in the Custom Screens Manager should edit the field in the Text & Translations and the Custom Field in the Logbook
- However, the contrary isn't true: editing a custom field it in the Text & Translations isn't reflected in the Custom Screens Manager or Custom Fields in the Logbook. The reasoning behind it? The translation will only apply to the specific language where you are providing the translation for.
You can find more information on how to take advantage of these fields here.
- Unsure on how to set up your own custom fields and custom flow? Let's organize a workshop together!
- Reached your limit of 10 custom fields? Let's talk about your requirements!
If you have any questions or feedback, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message on the live chat.