Overview of notifications
In Proxyclick, you can send 5 types of notifications (2 external and 3 internal):
- Branded e-mail invitation to visitor
- SMS reminder to visitor (sent 2 hours before meeting if between 7am and 7pm)
- Check-in notification typically sent to host and his/her personal assistant, but can also be sent to any other user based on your needs (e.g. other participants to the meeting)
- Check-out alert sent if visitor has not checked out 1 hour (or more) after planned end of visit. This alert is typically sent to host and his/her personal assistant, but can also be sent to any other user based on your needs (e.g. security). User receiving the notification can check out the visitor directly from the e-mail
- Comment notification. When a comment is entered on a visit, the user can decide to send this comment by e-mail as well to other user(s) when tagging them with @username in the message.
Notifications can be sent by e-mail and/or SMS.
The different types of notifications
How to manage notifications?
We wanted the notifications to be flexible enough to take into account differences in process, culture and preferences between companies and users. At the same time, we wanted it to stay simple.
- Flexibility: admin users are able to define company-wide defaults and individual users are able to override these defaults if needed
- Simplicity: Your Proxyclick account comes with pre-defined settings, so chances are admins won’t need to adapt these defaults
General principles for notification management
Step 1: Set default settings for notifications
Admin users can specify what default settings should be applied in the company in Account and Settings > General. For instance, a company that does not want its hosts to receive a text message notification upon check-in, can select “Don’t send an SMS” as shown below (as by default this notification is sent).
Step 2: Customize notifications for specific users
If needed, individual users can override these defaults in their personal profile. For instance, a host who wants to receive the text check-in notification can edit his own profile, go to tab “Visitor Management notifications” and check Notify me by SMS if “I am the host”.
- Admin users can manage individual preferences of other users by editing their profile through the address book. This is particularly relevant when most users have no access to Proxyclick.
You might be interested in:
If you have any questions or feedback, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message on the live chat.