In this article, we’ll walk you through how to install the native Proxyclick Windows app.
Important tip 💡We continue to make improvements to the app, we recommend users to continue to use the iPad App until the Beta program for Windows is completed.
It is currently only available to selected users as part of the beta testing program.
This app will act as the Kiosk interface between your company and your visitors. It is designed to be both flexible for your organization and easy to use for your visitors.
The Proxyclick Windows app requires Windows 10 (Fall Creators update – build 16299) or later.
The app is compatible with Microsoft Surface GO (2018). Other hardware is not officially supported.
The app needs a good internet connection (Wi-Fi) to work properly.
Step by step guide to install the Proxyclick Windows app
1. Installing the Proxyclick app (beta)
The app is currently in beta. The app can’t be found in the store by searching for it. The app is only available via this link: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9MT557PFPM5C
2. Activating the Proxyclick app
Once you have downloaded and installed the Proxyclick app, open it and enter your Proxyclick credentials (email and password). Alternatively, you can also activate the kiosk with a unique code (especially useful for SSO teams and local guards).
You should see the Welcome screen:
3. Recommended Settings
To use the Proxyclick app in the best conditions possible, we recommend changing some settings:
in Display, we recommend to “Change the size of text, apps and other items” to 175 or 200%. We also recommend blocking the Orientation to “Landscape”.
In the Tablet mode settings, you should set the tablet to always “Use tablet mode”. You can also enable “Hide app icons on the taskbar in tablet mode” and “Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode”.
In Power & Sleep, the Screen and Sleep settings to Never. Do not forget to plug your Kiosk to a power source as a tablet may not stand a full day of check-ins on the battery.
Finally, you can enable the single-app kiosk mode to restrict access to other apps and features when the Proxyclick app is running.
To be able to print badges from the Proxyclick Windows app, you’ll first need to add and configure the printer on the Microsoft Surface GO tablet:
- Open Printers & scanners settings
- Add the printer you want to print too
- (Optional) you may need to install drivers for the printer
- Set the printer as the default printer for the tablet
- Then open the Badge and printer settings and insert 192.168.0.1 in the Connect your printer fieldNote: please make sure your Proxyclick account is configured to use AirPrint and not the PUPP (Proxyclick Universal Print Proxy)
Putting the Surface GO in a stand
When choosing a stand, make sure the stand:
- Is usable in Landscape
- Supports the Microsoft Surface GO tablet format
- Has the front camera exposed (needed to take pictures of your visitors or for QR code check-ins)
If you have any questions or feedback, please contact email@example.com or send us a message on the live chat.