You may need to confirm the status of the kiosk for a number of reasons. A couple of examples that would need the kiosk status checked are:
- Visitors checking in on the Kiosk but they don't appear on the Dashboard
- You make updates to the kiosk via the Dashboard but the changes aren't appearing on the kiosk.
The status can be checked directly from the kiosk or remotely via the Dashboard (meaning you don't need to run to the kiosk or kiosks to confirm the connection). In addition to checking the status of the kiosk, you can also remotely check the iOS and the Proxyclick app in the same location from the Dashboard!
Checking the status from the kiosk:
The kiosk has two icons that will appear in the upper left side of the screen when there are connection issues. These icons will only be available when the kiosk is experiencing connectivity difficulties, meaning if no icons are available, no connectivity issues are detected.
The icons can appear individually or together, you can have independent issues that are being detected.
The Connection Icon:
This icon is displayed when the kiosk (iPad) cannot establish a connection to the Proxyclick servers.
The Queue Icon:
This icon is displayed when one or more visitors who have checked in could not be sent to the Proxyclick servers. If the icon appears, this means the visitor's details are being queued on the kiosk until they can be sent to the servers.
These icons are located in a spot where your staff can easily locate them but, they will remain discreet and unobtrusive to your visitors when they use the kiosk to check in.
Note: In order to be able to view both icons, your kiosk app will need to be at least 2.7.0. If your kiosk app is between 2.2.0 and 2.6.5 you will only have access to the connection icon.
Below are the possible scenarios associated with each icon. You will also find suggestions and direction on what to do when you encounter these scenarios.
Scenario 1: No Icons
No issues detected. The iPad is connected to Proxyclick servers and there are no visitors in the queue.
Scenario 2: Connection Icon
The iPad cannot connect to Proxyclick servers but there are no visitors in the queue. (This likely means no visitors have tried to check in since the connection was lost.)
- Please check the Internet connection on the iPad (can you browse the Internet on Safari?)
- If the local connection seems OK, then please check our Status page to see if there is any reported incident
Scenario 3: Connection and Queue Icons
The iPad cannot connect to Proxyclick servers and there are visitors in the queue. (This likely means visitors tried to check in since the connection was lost)
- Please check the Internet connection on the iPad (can you browse the Internet on Safari?).
- Once the connection is restored, the queued visitors will be synchronized and the queue icon will disappear.
- If the local connection seems OK, please check our Status page to see if there is any reported incident.
Scenario 4: Queue Icon
The iPad can connect to Proxyclick servers but there are visitors in the queue. (This situation will generally arise when the existing connection is too weak or unstable to send visits successfully to the Dashboard)
- Please check the strength of the Internet connection on the iPad (e.g. using a tool like Speed Test by Ookla)
- Once the connection strength is restored the queued visitors will be synchronized and the queue icon will disappear
- If the strength of the local connection seems OK, then please check our Status page to see if there is any reported incident.
Checking the Status from the Dashboard:
Note: The ability to view the status requires the "Access to visitor settings" permission and the Dashboard version must be 2.2.0 or higher.
Check the status of your kiosk from the dashboard, no need to physically go to the kiosk.
Check the status of the kiosk in Settings under Kiosk list
Each kiosk status will be displayed in an individual box along with other details:
- The (connection) status
- The most recent successful connection with the iPad
- The iOS version of the iPad
- The version of the Proxyclick iPad app on the iPad
Note: Using an older version of the Proxyclick App may not display all of this information
The kiosk Status will display one of the following Statuses:
- Online: The iPad is currently syncing with the Proxyclick Dashboard, everything is working as expected.
- App closed: The Proxyclick iPad app was manually closed by pressing the Home button once (app in the background) or twice (app killed)
- Connection lost. The connection to the iPad was lost for a reason other than the app being closed. This can happen when the Wi-Fi/Internet connection is lost while the Proxyclick app is open.
- Unknown. The Proxyclick kiosk app needs to be updated. Please ensure you are running the most recent version of the app available in the App Store. (Please keep in mind this may also require an update to the iPad's iOS)
- Not activated yet. This means the kiosk has not been activated on an iPad yet.
For a quick visual confirmation, an indicator dot can be found next to the Settings icon. The status is checked every thirty seconds automatically and will display a red dot indicator for a connection error. If there is no dot, the connection is functioning correctly.
The kiosk is connected, online and functioning as expected
The kiosk is not connected to the app and may need reviewing
The status button is located in the lower left corner of the dashboard.
If you would like to manually initiate for the kiosk connection, click the Update button located in the kiosk list section: